Information we collect
For TopBuzz.in to operate, run our blog, and provide our services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to collect or process information about you.
The personal information you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
In general terms, this information will take one or more of the following forms:
- Information that you provide to us directly, such as in the situation where you complete an online form or send us a message via our website. We may receive information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
- When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Information that is automatically sent to us by Your computer’s internet browser when you visit our website, such as your computer’s technical address (IP address) or information about which particular internet browser you are using and so on
- Information about how you use our website or our services, such as which pages you visit, how frequently you visit the site, and so forth
Our commitment to data privacy
We are fully committed to maintaining the privacy of any information (‘personal data’) you provide. Furthermore, we commit to ensuring that such data is held securely, used appropriately, and only retained for as long as is necessary.
Our systems and services are designed with privacy in mind, and we operate a ‘data minimization’ principle wherever possible – that is to say that we will only ever ask you for the minimum amount of information required to provide our services efficiently; we have no desire to retain (and therefore maintain) any more information than is necessary. We fully aspire to comply with applicable data protection regulations, particularly the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and ePrivacy Directive, and CCPA Privacy Rights, wherever applicable.
Who we are
In terms of your use of this website, We, TopBuzz.in, act in the capacity of Data Controller, and should you have any questions or concerns about the data we hold about you, we can be contacted using the information below:
Data Controller: TopBuzz.in
Email correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Definition of ‘personal data’
When we refer to ‘personal data’, we mean any information that allows us to identify you personally. Obvious examples include your name, email address, postal address, etc. We will always seek to gain your explicit consent to provide this information before we collect it from you, although this may not be the only legal basis on which we collect the data.
Other types of information, such as your computer’s ‘IP’ address or broad geographical location, do not generally allow us to identify you directly. However, because in their current form, European data privacy regulations are somewhat vague in this regard, we will also cover the use of such data here.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Whom we share data with
We operate on a strict ‘need to know’ basis for all data we work with, which is particularly true for any personal data. The only people/organizations that are granted access to personal data are:
- Employees of TopBuzz.in who provide design and/or support services
- Our web hosting technology suppliers (currently Namecheap) who provide the physical server infrastructures that our website(s) operate on.
- Our cloud storage and technology supplier (we intend to use Amazon Web Services) whose services we use for secure backup storage and email relay services.
How long do we retain your data?
The comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely if you leave a comment. This is so we can automatically recognize and approve any follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How your data is protected
We take the security of all personal data very seriously, and that data is protected in several ways:
- Access control: Access to personal data is strictly limited in line with our policy detailed in the ‘whom we share data with section’ on this page. Access is controlled by individual user accounts, where a strong password policy is enforced.
- Data encryption: Where data is stored in a cloud facility (such as the storage of website backup files), that data is encrypted both ‘in transit’ and ‘at rest’ – meaning that all data is securely obscured both during the process of transfer to the cloud provider and then when it is in storage at its final location.
This website is also secured with SSL encryption, which means all traffic to and from our servers is encrypted. This applies to our own administrative access to the website and that of users of our services.
- Selection of third-party service providers: We use a very limited number of third-party service providers, but some are essential for providing physical hosting environments and cloud services. One of the core factors in selecting such providers is their ability to provide secure systems and processes.
What types of data are collected, and why do we collect them
Website contact forms
When you complete one of the contact forms on our website, we will ask you for several pieces of personal information, such as your name, email address, and other contact details. This is required for us to respond to your request.
No data will be collected if you do not use or submit an online form on the website.
For some website functionality, we will need to create for you a user account that allows you to log in to the site to ensure that only authorized individuals can access your data and that functionality. Examples include when you make an online purchase via the site or when you have a role in administering or contributing to the website content (such as a blog author). The purpose of these user accounts is to protect your personal data behind login security and the integrity of our site and the servers that run it.
Data collected will generally involve your name and email address (which doubles as username) as a minimum but may include your postal address if it is required for online purchases.
No such data will be collected if you do not register for an online account.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
TopBuzz.in follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The purpose of the information is to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement on the website, and gather demographic information.
Technical data (such as ‘IP address’)
When you visit our website, our systems will log a record of your visit in our server logs. Typically, this record will include your device’s technical ‘IP’ address and the browser type and version you use.
Such server logs are extremely common practice and are used to monitor technical resources and high-level server activity and, importantly, to detect and prevent malicious or fraudulent activity on our systems. This data can also be used, if required, to diagnose reports of technical issues. The storage of IP addresses allows us to identify behavior patterns (such as repeated malicious attempts to access a system).
IP addresses, in and of themselves, do not allow us in any way to identify you as an individual, especially given that it is very common for IP addresses to be dynamically allocated by your service provider and will therefore often routinely change.
Furthermore, we do not and will not use the content of server access logs to attempt to determine an identifiable individual. Therefore, we do not consider that data held within server logs falls within the scope of ‘personal data’; accordingly, we do not seek your consent to collect it.
Cookies & ‘similar technologies’
We have included cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies in one section because they all perform similar functions, even if they work slightly differently from a technical perspective.
These technologies allow us to understand better how users use our website and other related services. They can also be an essential part of providing certain online functionality. They are all essentially small data files placed on your computer (or another device) that allow us to tell when you have visited a particular page or performed a particular action (such as clicking a particular button) on our website.
Most websites use these technologies as they provide useful insight into how the services are being used and improve speed, performance, and security, enabling us to improve our personalization of your experience.
Like any other website, TopBuzz.in uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information, including visitors’ preferences and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
These are small text files placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website. Cookies allow a website to recognize a device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you visit.
You can influence how cookies are used on your particular device in several ways. Most commercial browsers (such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) allow you to set preferences for whether to allow or block website cookies.
They will also provide tools that allow you to remove any cookies that have already been set. Using the ‘Help’ functionality of your browser or an internet search will help you understand how to use these features for your particular browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our sites and services typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
Our Advertising Partners
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that TopBuzz.in has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found on the browsers’ respective websites.
We use Google Analytics to understand better what people look at on our website.
When people visit our site, information about their visit (such as which pages they look at, how long they spend on the site, and so on) is sent in an anonymous form to Google Analytics (which is controlled by Google).
The data contains information about anyone who uses our website from your computer, and there is no way to identify individuals from the data.
We ensure that no personally identifiable information is ever contained within the data sent to our analytics providers, and we also perform a process that partially obscures your IP address information.
As analytics information is not personal data, we do not specifically ask for your prior consent.
Other Google Services
In addition to Google Analytics, we use several industry-standard Google services to provide particular pieces of website content. These include:
- Google Fonts: We may use one or more of Google’s web fonts to ensure that our website content is displayed clearly and consistently across all the different types of devices and browsers.
- Google Maps: We may use Google’s mapping services to provide dynamic geographic maps on our website
- Google ReCAPTCHA: We may use Google’s ReCAPTCHA service (which provides the ‘I Am Not A Robot’ functionality) on our web contact forms. This is a security measure to prevent the abuse of our contact forms by automated programs.
Each of these services involves our website connecting to one or more Google servers and may result in Google placing cookies on your device.
Like most websites, we use social media cookies from Facebook on our site. Facebook places the cookies, and we use them to understand the effectiveness of the social media campaigns that we operate.
If you are not logged into Facebook when you view our site, then it is not possible for any personal information about your visit to be collected, and therefore we do not specifically ask for your prior consent.
If you are logged into Facebook when you view our site, then Facebook will know when you visit us. We do not have any access to the detail of that personal data, as you have consented to share it with Facebook, not us. We just get to see anonymized data about the number of people who have responded to our advertising or other social media activity.
For your information: There are several ways of controlling the ads you see based on your activity on Facebook. The following resources may help to understand those choices:
- How to opt-out of Facebook interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- About Ads: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Your Online Choices: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
You can always use your browser’s ‘private’ or ‘incognito’ mode to browse websites anonymously.
If you disable marketing cookies on this site, it does not mean that you will not see our ads; it just means that they will not be personalized based on your Facebook activity.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business deletes any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
In the situation where you have directly provided personal information to us (such as by completing an online form or contacting us for further information), you have several rights regarding the personal data that we hold. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
TopBuzz.in does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately, and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
v1.0 – last updated 08/01/2023